Sunday, July 22, 2007

National Endowment for the Humanities Grant

This spring I won a mini-grant from the NEH to provide instructional materials for my art classes. This fall I'll receive 40 poster-size images of American artworks, from the pre-Columbian era forward, plus a teacher's guide.

It's not a very big award, but it'll be a big help. It's been frustrating at times, with art history being a required part of the curriculum, to not have any examples to show students what I'm talking about.

This was the second time I applied for a grant, but the first I've ever won.

3 Comments:

At 2/8/07 18:25, Blogger x said...

Congrats, Mom! That should impress the kids :)

 
At 7/8/07 18:53, Blogger Cricketswool said...

Ya think? But don't schools just, you know, come with all that stuff?

They'll probably be more impressed with the glittery butterflies I bought to decorate my bulletin boards. (Oooh, pretty sparkles!)

Thanks, though, sweetie!

 
At 22/8/07 13:55, Blogger A Garanimal said...

I meant to comment on this one earlier, but I had forgotten my password. Well, I'm back in... and..


Yeah! Congratulations! (Don't you hate when the basic things, at least you think they are basic, that should be provided by your work place isnt?)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home